Monday, November 17, 2014

Last Full Week of Maternity Leave

Sigh.  It's the last full week of my maternity leave.  Oh, what I wouldn't give to have another month to look forward to.  Not only because Baby E is becoming less larval everyday, but she's also settling into a delightful nap schedule which has allowed me to do all the laundry, dishes and tidying I need AND do things like sew and exercise.  Which makes my heart very happy.  But on the bright side, I did get a lot of things done around here that I'd hoped to.  Setting goals when dealing with a newborn is a dangerous thing.  The whole cliche thing of moms not being able to shower, brush their teeth, or feed themselves?  Totally and utterly true.  It's really amazing to go from a fully (mostly?) functional human being to a person who is just happy if she's got clean underwear on.

Anyway, on to today's sewing:


This is the 4th or 5th time I've used this pattern.  I keep going back to it because I love it.  You get lots of different fabrics, the rectangles aren't supposed to match up so you don't have to sweat lining corners up, basically it doesn't take a lot of brainpower and it's virtually impossible to screw it up.  Which is very important when every moment counts and the last thing I want to do is have to re-do something.

No comments: