Friday, November 14, 2014

LOOK WHAT I DID TODAY


I SEWED.  I hoisted my sewing machine up on to the table, I threaded the needle, and I SEWED.  This is a moment almost three months in the making.  Even before Baby E was born (oh, right, I also gave birth.  Somehow that seems like less of a big deal.  Cuz, you know, that had to happen.  This was effort), I had to put away my sewing machine due to the kitchen construction taking over the rest of the house and my thoughts and energy.  But the kitchen is put back together at long last, Baby E is mercifully beginning to settle into a nap schedule so today was the day.  I SEWED.  Oh if only I didn't have to go back to work in 2 weeks.  Stupid mortgage and desired to buy food and things.

And speaking of the kitchen, there's this:

 
 Kitchen: done.  Ish.  Mostly.  Enough for me.  Please enjoy this fancy panoramic, complete with plastic bags strewn on the floor and boxes and milk crates shoved in the corner.  Martha Stewart, I am not.  But this is about as neat and tidy as this room is ever going to be.  I love it.  I love it love it.  Needs stools (oh and to pass inspection but that's another matter and it don't have anything to do with functionality of the space).  And new windows are on the way for the whole house.  Dude, I'm such a grown up.

And, just for cuteness, Baby E:

Complete with velour purple pants.  Girl clothes are every bit as fun as I thought they would be.

No comments: