Wednesday, January 13, 2016

And Also: Running

Against my better judgement, I signed up to participate in the Lottery for the 2016 Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run.  So many people try to run it.  No chance I'll get in, I thought.

I got in.



I have not run a race of this length in about 5 years.  I've run a few 5K's, one or two 10K's.  But now there's the challenge of a 10 miler on April 3 looming.  So I'm going to give it my best shot, to see if my body any longer holds the capacity to train and push itself to complete this kind of race.

It seems appropriate, given the whole reason I started this blog was to catalogue a marathon training program I participated in, that I use this as a forum to track my progress.  I gave up on that one pretty quickly, and chances are I will this one as well.  But you never know.  Maybe it'll be great.


No comments: