Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What week is it?

With the arrival of the Washington DC heat, my brain has melted into a nice gooey substance that has made it hard for me to remember what day it is. I think I missed writing last week, for my eight mile run. From what I remember, it was just lovely. The sun stayed behind the clouds for most of the 1 hours and 22 minute or so run which I appreciated. It was probably pretty hard but certainly paled in comparison to this current week's run - the 9 miler. You know you're in for a tough run when your pace group leader, who has run 5 marathons and countless other shorter races, has to bail out of your group after 2 miles. Perhaps I should have followed her example and paid attention to my body. But I'm much too stupid for that. By the end of the 9 miles I was woozy and so hot that I was cold. We were told to consume salt during the run. At the water stop there were pretzels, which turned into a floury goo in my mouth. I'm not sure how much good they did. I never thought I would wish to have to get up earlier, but I almost wish we were starting before sunrise. I'll be adjusting my diet this week to include more salt. We'll see how that goes. Snaps to Angie, because I'm pretty sure the only thing that kept me from collapsing last week was the thought of pink lemonade and vodka by the pool that awaited me back in the city. Now that is incentive.

No comments: