Wednesday, June 20, 2012

MouseRat no more

Given that I've been doing a lot of thinking about my darling mumma this week, I came up with a blog name that I'm very happy with.  It works on so many levels.  First of all, who doesn't like candy?  Besides being a wonderful teacher, she was always very popular with the three year olds at Acorn School because of her sweet name.  And the pieces refers to the pieces that she left in all of us who loved and knew her.  The memories and the craft work that live on in her absence.  My hope is to incorporate some amount of fabric from her (quite impressive) stash into each project I make in the future.  I've started with the Bad Idea Quilts... which, as of last night, are done done done!  Well, I need to sign/put labels on them.  And photograph them so I can stop teasing them here and actually show the goods.


No comments: