Monday, June 25, 2012

My 3rd Quilt - from way back in the day





Pulled out a blast from the past this weekend and grabbed a few pics of it.  This lil guy doesn't really have a home.  Between being made with not the most beautiful fabric in the world and being too small to be a lap quilt but too big to be a wall hanging, it has been doomed to spend it's days folded up on my bookshelf.  But for a first time out with the flying geese pattern, it's really not so bad at all.

Today was Day 2 of my attempt to complete Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (cue buzz marketing).  I am making the somewhat small concession that this will have to be mostly a weekday activity since weekend go by in a bit of a blur and even carving out 20 minutes for a fitness routine can be an impossible dream.  Day 1 was Friday - I took a chance and started with the Level 2 workout.  Lo and behold I was able to complete it and even felt great afterwards.  Apparently my daily encounters with the Rupper have built up some decent strength.  So 2 down, 28 to go.  We are a far cry from marathon training... but it's something.

No comments: