Thursday, July 26, 2012

Couple of things

First: the t-shirt quilt is coming along at lightning speed!  Next up is this much beloved t-shirt.  It started it's life in 1988 or so, as my brother's little league basketball uniform.  They were the Spartans, named after the Michigan State team.  I'm not sure why.  Were they a big basketball school in 1988?  Someone look that up and let me know.  I wish wish wish that I had a photo of Andy wearing this back in the day, as he was completely adorable.  And also, he hated playing basketball and spent most of the games wandering around the court looking lost.  I took ownership of this shirt after a trip to the Ray Vintage Clothing Shoppe aka the attic.  It was a constant companion of mine through college and I just about wore it out.  I was sad to have to retire it but am glad it will live on in this quilt.  Which I am on pace to finish around the time the Rupper will be heading off to college himself.

Here are my blocks in progress for the Mini Scrap Bucket String Blocks.  I've never paper pieced before.  At first it was pretty awkward but I've gotten the hang of it.  I think these are going to turn out pretty cute.

 Hopefully I'll have more to report soon!


No comments: