Monday, July 16, 2012

Napkins and a Polaroid Block


To start: a finish!  12 napkins, all done.  Wow, that felt good.  And took a lot longer than I thought they would.  Doesn't everything, though.  My finishing was dodgy at best to begin with - I had never used that technique before.  By the last few I had the ends matched up and sewn together like a pro.  I'm hoping I'll remember how to do that the next time I have binding to do.

I was not around when my father-in-law received these beauties (I was at the aforementioned bachelorette party), but by all accounts he was very pleased with the gift.  Score for me!



To finish: a start!  My very first swap.  Can you say intimidated?  I'm easing into it with the Polaroid Block Swap hosted by Debbie from A Quilter's Table.  So far it's quite painless.  The idea, obviously, is to create a bunch of little blocks that resemble Polaroid photos.  I've got 25 blocks in different states of completion.  This is the only little guy that I've finished off.  I love the unimpressed look of this owl, keeping me in my place.  Stop judging me, owl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks fab Ali. I can vouch for the fact that the napkins were well received.