Sunday, July 08, 2012

Couple of WIPs (or WsIP)


I finally manned up and started cutting up my t-shirts.  It took a while, but at last I have realized that they will be much better off being cut up and sewn into a quilt rather than languishing in a tub in my already overcrowded closet.  I have a feeling this is going to take a while to get together.  But it's a start.


I am too lazy to crop this properly.  Apologies.  But a cute start to a group of 6 Christmas ornaments.  The come from Mumma's tub of goodies.  Side note:  Christmas ornaments were a HUGE part of my mother's legend.  Every year she made ornaments for our family (including extended family - cousins, aunts, uncles, etc), neighbors, her co-workers at both the cleaners and Acorn School, and various others.  All told, we tallied that she must have made over a thousand ornaments in her time.  At her memorial service, person after person mentioned her ornaments and some even said they would have an entire extra tree just for her ornaments.  It such an incredible thing to think about, all those little works out in the world, making people think extra special thoughts of my mom during the holiday season.

I've always wanted to get into the ornament game, but could never settle my scattered mind onto one certain design.  So when I came upon this little felt snowman family it seemed like a perfect place to start.  I just hope all of their little noses stay stuck.


Here are a few to tide us all over until December.

No comments: