Sunday, July 29, 2012

Oh, Right! Bad Idea Quilts!

Back in March, I learned that one friend was having twin girls, and that another friend was having a girl.  All three babies were due around the same time so I thought, I'll make 3 of the same quilts (with color variations for the twins) all of the same pattern.  It'll be a breeze!  I thought.  So went the next three months of my life, these quilts turned out to be so much more work than I was anticipating.  Not because they were difficult, but because I have precious little time in a week to sew and these took up ALL of it.  But they're done now and off to their new homes.  Like with every project, an important lesson was learned.  Something about biting off... chewing... surely I'll never make this mistake again!

Below is a pic of each quilt.  I went a little overboard with the color editing.  The white balance is weird in my house.


And best of all, the three little lady recipients of these quilts have all arrived into the world.  Safe and healthy and with parents who are out of this world excited about them.


No comments: