Thursday, July 05, 2012

MJ's Quilt

This is another old project, because I don't have anything new to report.  This quilt was finished in June of 2009 for the baby shower of a friend of mine.  This was my first foray into applique and it turned out to be quite easy.  The sashing, however, was maddening.  I kept thinking I had the rows lined up perfectly, only to realize after sewing and pressing that they would sometimes be as much as a half inch off.  I never have quite figured out what my problem was there, inexperience I guess?

I learned the valuable lesson of walking away from this quilt.  When you think you've ruined something, you think it's never going to come out right, just walk away.  Even for just 10 minutes.  Your mind needs to get a little space from the project and guaranteed (unless you've really f*ed something up) when you come back, you'll have forgotten what had you so stressed out in the first place. 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

It's awesome. Had a bit of a time finding your blog. But, am here now and am your very first follower. How cool is that. Will get you added to the blog log on Bridge and Beyond. Your donations are scheduled to post. Love to know what patterns you used on the green cable scarf and the dark purple one that's the same stitch pattern as the light blue one.

asrayx said...

I wonder why it was hard to find... I'm glad you stuck with it :) I'll have to scrounge up the book I used to make those scarves - it was so long ago now! I think I know where it is...